Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Halloween & Candy

Or, What's it Like to be Named Candace?

The photo at the left continually cracks me up. I like dogs and I have a sister-in-law who has one of these scruffy little whatever they are dogs. That look ...!

Once a year, for about a 20 day period, I eat candy. Which is why I wonder why people would name a daughter Candace or Candy? Why?

Then twice within five weeks I'll eat jellied cranberry sauce. YUM! That's it for the year, just twice... Ritual and tradition.

Anyway, step back a bit and see if you can figure out how it came to be that we celebrate a specific day of the year by violating well established nutritional & dental health laws.

1 comment:

Nessa said...

Oh, my, what people do to their dogs.

You need to eat all of that candy to store calories for the long winter months of hybernation and jellied cranberry sauce is the only thing that makes turkey bearable.