Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Google Earth

Be glad you're not here for me to take you on a tour of my life.

I downloaded Google Earth a while back. I use it at work. I have this snazzy 'snapshot' program so I can turn Google Earth satellite photos into pretty nice .jpgs.

I've been 'collecting' snapshoots of places I've lived. I'm making a sort of 'wall of shame' out of these prints... All the places I've lived where I let the grass go wild, the shrubbery go wild, the neighbors go wild, my kids go wild... I suppose you could say that in my case 'life' is what happens when you're busy watching television.

Today I noticed that there are new photos being used. When I first got Google Earth, my work place hadn't been refurbished. Now the new satellite photo shows my car and the office manager's car parked in their spots. I view this as a form of immortality.

What have you found interesting on Google Earth?

7 comments:

Nessa said...

In my ignorance and naivety, I thought Google Earth was real time. I thought this was creepy, you know, big brother and all. But then I figured out that the photos were a bit dated, so I knew I'd have plenty of time to run and hide.

Side note: You let your children run wild? I thought you beat them?

L. said...

Thanks, Bert, for introducing me to one more thing to keep my glued to my computer!!!! OK, so I just downloaded "Google Earth"...put in my street address....but I mostly see trees. Is that a good sign?

Bert Bananas said...

If you can't see all the empty shrimp, lobster and ham sandwich containers on the screen, neither can your Reb, so you're safe. ... For now...

Bert Bananas said...

Nibbles, I beat them if they didn't run wild. And so they learned...

L. said...

Thanks for the info, Bert....but, I don't keep Kosher... : )

Mary Lois said...

I'm going right now! BTW, why is your comments an "encrypted" page these days? Are you trying to be hard to get? And that verification code: ggxgg? What do it mean? get google xtra good gig?

Bert Bananas said...

Grammie, imagine the confusion the phrase "keeping Kosher" could have on a newly minted English-speaker.

Even-handed Hope, like Grammie, I don't keep Kosher, but I do keep Encrypted.