Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Eating your heart out through your digestive system...

I wish the photograph could carry the scent and the flavor...

My wife is a great cook. At least in the sense of making the kitchen a magical place. Can you say, "Yum"?

The dish above is a dessert called Fruit Pizza. (It deserves the capitals.) The crust is sugar cookie dough and then where the tomato sauce would go there's this heavenly cream that must have illegal drugs in it. I like to shave off some of the creamy frosting, put it in a plastic bag and then huff it. When I do this I don't have to take my insulin shots.

Then she adds the fresh fruit. There was fresh fruit left over and when everyone else had had their fill, I snatched the cookie sheet, set the dog to guarding the bedroom door and sat there and scarfed up the leftovers. (As if there would ever BE any leftovers!)

After I took the photo, I began eating the pieces. I sliced up the banana and spooned on extra pieces of fruit on each bite that I took. What would Karl Marx have thought of Fruit Pizza?

4 comments:

Nessa said...

Yum, this looks good. Where's the recipe for those of us that can't come to your house?

Karl Marx would have outlawed this, since not everyone could get fresh strawberries.

Bert Bananas said...

Ms. Nibbles, I'll try to wrestle it from her and respond anon.

Anonymous said...

If you can't get your hands on it I know how to make it. ;) My husband loves this desert. I've changed up the recipe once or twice to give the frosting a strawberry flavor. You know, I think I'll make it tonight.

Bert Bananas said...

Mama Hog, I do know that someone just taught my wife to just slice cross-sections off the roll of sugar cookie dough and place them near each other on the cookie sheet and they just all grow together; it saves all the time of rolling out the crust. Works fine!