Monday, January 05, 2009

New Tricks for New Times

Whilst admitting to being an old dog, I am delighted to announce that I've learned a new trick!

Curb sign painting has taken a terrible tumble as a viable career in this newly minted era of economic parsimony. So it behooved me to do something with my free time, on those days when no golf was scheduled. (Saturdays & Wednesday for certain, other days optional.)

So I looked around for something my talents were suited for and was pleasantly surprised to find work readily available in the field I actually took my degree in: my BA in Advertising & Public Relations!

The really cool thing is that this is part time employment and I can work it around whatever my real work schedule. Plus they hired me as an independent contractor and they pay me in cash. They asked me for my 1099 information and I gave them totally bogus information. I told the guy, with a perfectly straight face, that my name was Hilary Edmundsir, and he just asked me how to spell it and that was it!

So I'm still outdoors, being the people-person that I am(ham), spreading my gospel of smiles and lies for all the people who flash by my intersection. And once I get an mp3 player, I can even learn to shake my booty!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And once you get to therapy you can be a fully functional member of society, Bananas!

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

katrocket said...

Wow, goooooood girl can't get enough of you, Bert. I can't say I blame her.

I applied for a job like that once, and ended up stapling flyers to telephone poles.

Jilly said...

who do we have to WV anyway if spam can get through it. i always have to type the thing at least twice and succ a few times for good measure just to get a post through.

you could always sell sperm, that's a job that's perfect for you

jilly

Bert Bananas said...

Jilly, I long ago decided that giving it away for free was the way to go. I'm not stingy...

paperback reader said...

Those guys tend to have a lot of smooth sign moves, which I'm sure I could never master. I like to think that drivers would appreciate my subtle restraint with the sign, though.