Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Where I was...

People, notably my wife, have been asking, "Bert, what happened, where were you?"

I answer is, and will always remain, "I was busy!"

You know those moving sidewalks of Sci-Fi fame, were the closer to the left edge (in America... In England, it's the right edge) of the moving strips, the faster they're going? Well, I got onto the fastest strip and it's a hell of a ride. You can't really keep your balance and you end up laying on the moving strip, hoping your brushed denim shirt and corduroy pants will create enough friction to keep you from sliding off in the turns.

Anyway, some guy came strolling by selling magnetic slippers, so now I can at least stand up. And thanks to my Blackberry and the newly renovated Google-Pack of mobile applications, I can do anything on my Blackberry that I can do on my computer, albeit at a much slower rate, as I have not yet learned touch typing on the Blackberry keyboard.

The curb painting business has exploded for me. What can I say, I hung in there and now I'm reaping the rewards of my long and faithful service. But it's hectic; there's no way I'll reach the level of mendacity, I mean productivity, of my earlier days.

And yes, I have Tony out there hustling his litte ass off.

And also yes, we are still playing as much gold as ever. Proving my attention to the important details of life.

I'm glad to see that all of you are still toiling in the vineyard, or blogyard, of truth, justice and the Terran way.

7 comments:

paperback reader said...

I fully support your curb-painting-based takeover of the world, and wish you well in your future overlording over us all.

Leonesse said...

Don't piss off the curb painters or the paramedics may never find your house.

Glad to see you back.

I figured T never made it back from the Australian Ho Tour.

Brenda said...

happy new year bertikins*****. :)

Anonymous said...

what if one doesn't have a curb?

congrats on being busy, that's better than being broke.

jilly

Nessa said...

I wish you a very Happy New Year and hope your magnets never wear out.

The Guv'ner said...

Is playing "gold" anything like golf or are you now juggling nuggets?

Bert Bananas said...

Guv, gold is played on the cuff links...