Tuesday, December 25, 2007

X-Mess & Child Support

The two stories aren't actually related, but it is X-Mess Day so if I tell you the child support story today, they become intertwined...

A very, very rich California man began an affair with a woman. I haven't seen a photo of this woman, but odds are she was a total hottie. Or haughtie... 20 years ago he got her pregnant. 16 years ago he did it again, so that they now have a 19 year old girl and a 15 year old boy. And because this is California and he was very, very rich, he didn't marry her. Wouldn't even live with her, so as to rule out even a palimony claim on her behalf.

They agreed on a child support formula and when she began her lawsuit on the kids' behalf, she was getting $17,000 a month for each kid. That's $34,000 a month, tax free. Think about that, you moms out there... What could you do with $17,000 a month, tax free, for each of your kids?

The law suit is asking 2.2 million dollars a month. Their reasoning? He can afford it. I think they must be Democrats.

3 comments:

Leonesse said...

I just love this sense of reasoning. Of course, what did she expect if he wouldn't even live with her!?

Interesting world, isn't it?

paperback reader said...

If kids made me that kind of money, I'd have them, and then outsource their care to someone I paid $10 an hour to.

Jana said...

And we've all been wondering about the lucridity (luquidity?)of painting sidewalks...now we know!! Sign me up so I can have an affair with a wealthy californian and wed up with 2.2mil a month!!!!