Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The L word, as celebrated in joyous song

I'm in love. Almost without exception, there hasn't been a day in my life when I didn't love myself. Some of the nights were a little hazy, but I'm crystal clear on the fact that in the direct light of a harshly illuminating Sol, I've always loved myself. (I'm a Sol man!)

Which is why I enjoy love songs. Here's some of my favorites:

"I love you more than words can say but I'd love you more if you lit a match after you took a dump just before I have to shower."

"Love is strange but it's got nothing on what you served for dinner last night under the heading of ratatouille."

"I've been drugged by love and been calling in sick to work four days in a row just to keep you from getting dressed."

"Baby, since you left me, my love is like a Black Hole drowning in Dark Matter stuck in 11 dimensions of pain."

"When you said you loved me, at least I didn't faint, like when you told me you were pregnant, two days after we first juiced it up and you climbed down my May Pole."

"Our love will dance the hully gully forever and a day because my grasp on reality is tenuous at best, oh baby."

"Maybe I've never known what love was or what it could do, but Lord, have you got great knockers!"

"Love spurts."


What are some of your favorites?

3 comments:

katrocket said...

here's a couple of personal faves;

"Every little thing he does is magic, especially the part where he makes my money disappear."

"Just the two of us, we can make it if we try to get rid of those two brats from your previous marriage."

Leonesse said...

I got nuttin.

Jana said...

..and honey I miss you... and I'm being good. And I'd love to be with you... if only I could...

Nice to see you again Bert, beenawhile.