Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Helpful House full Hints

We have a simple four bedroom house. My mother-in-law, an invalid, lives with us. So we've become accustomed to three people living here, plus 1 dog and 1 cat.

Now it's Christmas vacation, and our two boys are home. But beating them here were Liz's two sisters, one of whom brought a husband. The husband and wife brought their dog, the other sister brought her two cats. Each of the sisters has their kids either here or coming. Last night 14 people slept here. The toilets never stopped flushing!

On Christmas Day the 14 will be joined by five more. Four others had been slated to show up, but have backed out. They showed excellent sense.

Helpful hints? I have none. If I drank alcohol, I might...

If I were an only child (and I am) I would marry an only child! (Obviously I didn't. Who knew?)

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so golf may be rained out. But we're playing on Friday. And maybe on Saturday, too!

I hate Christmas.

Have a wonderful Winter Solstice Bacchanalia!!

5 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

Kristen said...

So are you getting a lot of "work" done on your computer (aka hiding out)? I'm catching up on my blog reading because I currently have 7 kids crammed into 1 bedroom "sleeping". I should catch up on my blog writing, but I'm not.

Leonesse said...

May your golfing days be merry and bright.

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is, it's all bananas at chez Bananas?

Sonya said...

Merry Christmas even though you hate it, old friend. What's Liz making for dinner?