Thursday, September 25, 2008

PETA and the Breast Pump

PETAns, the genuine ones, give all animals the status normally reserved to humans. Speaking of which, between maybe 1493 and ... now, some White Folk would only give human status to other White Folk. I read just the other day that during the building of the transcontinental Canadian railroad, X number of 'people' died, not counting the Chinese, who when it came to record-keeping, simply weren't tallied. So no one knows how many Chinese workers died in that construction, but none of the guesses are under four figures.

It's unfortunate for their reputation, but there are so many records of how shabbily the British treated all their subjects whose natural skin tone was a shade or two darker than antique white, or that old Crayola color, "flesh". I wonder which country would like to come forward now to admit that it was their ancestors who came up with the phrase, sub-human?

So with that as an intro, I think I have shown that I'm down for the struggle.

But replacing cow's milk in ice cream with human milk, often called breast milk, as if that makes it more special (it does!) is icky. Unless I can somehow wrangle a job as an inspector. But that could very well make me blasé about the female bosom. I really don't want to lose my appreciation for any part of the female form.

So I'm now I've reasoned myself into a position of being totally against PETA cow's milk in frivolous food products with human breast milk. I didn't hear the entire presentation, so I don't know why PETA is promoting this idea, or what PETA expects the cows to do with the extra time they have because they don't have to produce so much milk. Pilates? Blogging? Continuing their education?

But I bet milk from the Swedish Olympic bikini team would be so, so creamy...

5 comments:

vq said...

Actually, it'd be watery and sugary, like all human milk.

T said...

I'm all for pre-pregnancy, pregnancy and post-pregnancy. HOWEVER, I'm definitely against any PETA-milk.

Leonesse said...

You know you want some.

Jilly said...

breast feeding was the worst part of having a baby. they really make you feel like you're subhuman if you have problems with it. Mandolin couldn't latch and they said i was not trying hard enough and she was lazy. Later we found out she has a disability in her muscles, they didn't develop as they should have, so she literally couldn't latch. next time i will tell them all to get bent and live stress free.

jilly

vq said...

Hey Bert, I can tell you who Weird Al's mystery email is from, if ya wanna know.

Here's a hint--throwing up whiskey sours in the bathtub while at some kind of officer's party in some exotic country...